Recommended list of equipment for the workshop:
1. dSLR body.
2. 50mm macro lens (you can use a longer focal length like a 100mm or 180mm macro, but the lighting won't be as soft and diffused compared to using the 50mm or 60mm macro lens).
3. No tripod is required for the frogs and reptiles because you will be using flash.
4. Ring flash or twin macro flash setup. You can also use a Ray flash diffuser placed over a normal portable flash. This is a larger piece of equipment, but it'scheap ($49 at Amazon) and it provides the same kind of light.
5. Extension tube set to allow you to focus extremely close to the small frogs (which are smaller than you expect).
6. Spare AA batteries for your flash. As batteries become depleted, the recycle time lengthens.